Wednesday, 7 May 2008

an abundance of herbs (or a bit of a show off)

Being the end of autumn, my annual herbs are bursting out of their pots, so I couldn't resist having a bit of a show off. You've got to love the subtropical Auckland weather! My friend Rachael came over last week despairing that something was eating her basil and it seemed to be shrinking rather than growing. Needless to say, my overflowing pots weren't much of an encouragement to her! I'm putting off pulling them out because I'm not sure what to use them for. Pesto is the obvious use for basil, but the coriander? Maybe coriander pesto would work too? Will have to experiment. I've heard you can freeze herbs so maybe that's worth trying. You know what they say: you just can't beat a good handful of fresh herbs.

Coriander - my favourite (but my husband's least)

Basil

2 Comentários:

JeniD said...

WOW look at them! That's awesome! You can always dry the herbs if you don't get round to using them fresh...have you got a mortar and pestle for grinding them up?

Rebecca said...

I do have a mortar and pestle thats a good idea. I think they lose a bit of flavor though when dried.

the goodness of creating © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO